Which CMS your Business Need? WordPress or Joomla
CMS your Business
Content management systems are used by various businesses and industries across the world. Such systems allow the business to develop, manage and store digital data. In short, CMS acts as a backbone for businesses. When it comes to selecting one in many, you often compare their advantages and disadvantages. Here we will provide you the essential details on which CMS you can choose as per your business model.
This is an open-source platform that is available for all (non-technical, technical, or beginner) individuals who are not aware of programming but are willing to build a website. It gives excellent web application customization features. The cost for the premium versions is also reliable for even those who owe a small business or a startup. It is made of programming languages such as PHP, CSS, and HTML. You need to pay for the plugins, themes, and hosting. Individuals who are planning to create their website can choose WordPress for its variety of features-
- Create a blog or vlog : You can either use this do-it-yourself website for blogging or posting videos on it.
- Faster Development : As soon as you sign up, the website gets ready within no time. You can notice that it will go live in 5 minutes.
- No additional buttons are required : This CMS provides a menu bar that contains the necessary buttons for a web page so there is no need to add buttons.
- Sophisticated : There is no complex coding required to build a website on WordPress.
- Easy Installation : You have to follow simple steps to install it on your computer.
- Flexible : Working with this CMS is convenient. You can use its features to deliver the best content from your end.
- Provides Support : WordPress provides support to its users in every step they take. Take help from support for how to use it, how to install plugins, and more: plugins are the tools that help you to add more functionality to a website.
- Install as many plugins or themes you want
You cannot fully customize the website. You can only use the themes and styles that are predefined in the WordPress package.
- Business websites
- News website
It is also available for free to work on with its amazing functionalities. You can enjoy the features while you are working on them. Do you know what makes it reliable? PHP and MySQL. Data is stored in MySQL and this tool is built on PHP that provides allows developers to work in a few lines of code. Joomla has a model view controller that can separately organize data and business logic according to your website goals.
- Best for developing an e-commerce website
- You can use modules like “posts” and “social sharing options” to provide a better user experience
- You can build customized websites
- New beginners cannot use Joomla as it provides several options on the menu bar that is difficult for newbies to understand.
- It does not have a template directory.
- You don’t get proper support or guidance in Joomla because there are specific people who have the correct knowledge of it.
- E-commerce websites
- Government or NGO website
- Website for Small Businesses
- Newspaper or online magazine
- School or Community Portal
Which one is suitable for your business
Both of these are content management systems but serves a different purpose. As discussed these have their benefits and shortcomings according to their usage. In 2021, businesses are looking for a customizable website because of the frequently changing demands of the customers. Also, most individuals are now into blogging and creating their videos so they want a platform where they can upload their content. Although YouTube is a great source of vlogs, WordPress allows users to work with multiple features. They can post a video as well as a blog both on the same website. WP has more plugins to use for content management than Jhoomla because in this you need to install plugins from the administrator side. However, both content management systems are good in terms of security. Thus, it is easy to understand that a blogger can work on WordPress conveniently. They will get a lot of things to learn from it. On the contrary, business owners or experienced developers can use Joomla to develop portal websites. If you have good technical knowledge and need a customized eCommerce website then prefer Joomla. Contact US Kudosta Team