When you are done with building a website and obtaining a place on internet, the next step is to take steps to make your website most effective so that you can generate the most essential thing i.e. traffic. This article provides a few ways which helps in not only reaching out to your target audience, thereby generating traffic but also retain the traffic.
- Make your Website Mobile Friendly
25% of traffic is expected to come through the mobile devices. So, if your website is not compatible with devices like mobile, ipads etc then you are straight away losing your sumptuous amount of leads.
Google algorithm also gives a lot of preference to those websites which are mobile friendly. This fact was proved when Google named one of its algorithms as Mobile-Friendly algorithm. Thus, this also helps in increasing the ranking of your website.
- Try ways to Make People Aware of Your Website
It is extremely important for any website to make itself known to the general public. A few ways to accomplish these goals are:
- Always remind people after a presentation, meeting or a phone call to have a look at your website to know more about your business and other details.
- Do not forget to include the details of ways to reach out to you. Include your contact information, address, telephone numbers, email address etc so that people can know about all the ways they can establish a contact with you.
- Keep Updating your Website
Use your CMS (Content Management System) and regularly keep on updating the content on your website. The website should always be updated to display the fresh content. Although regularly updating website is a tedious task but it acts as an investment which will definitely deliver positive results as it tells customers that “you are active”. Information which you can update in your website is:
- News/Press Release: if any time you are to organize any such event, inform about it to your customers through your website.
- Sales/Discounts: these are meant for the customers, what can be worse than customers being unaware of it. Thus, keep updating such information on the website so as to attract customers.
- Photos/Videos: present a photo gallery onto your website so as to make website attractive.
- Understand the Importance of Homepage and Sitemap
Build a simplified homepage including all necessary information and excluding all unnecessary details. Homepage is something which builds your image. And this first impression should be the best one so the homepage should also be perfect.
Sitemaps simplifies the navigation procedure for your customer. Thus, sitemap is of utmost importance to both humans and the spiders for crawling purpose.
- Check your Back Links
Having broken or dead links in the website leaves a bad impression both on the visitors and the crawler. A visitor will not spend much time browsing such a website and spider will not index such a website.