14 Things to Remember while Hiring a Web Design Agency
With the age of digitization, websites have gained enormous popularity in terms of promoting businesses. Due to this, each and every business is trying to establish their identity online. With the emergence of Web 2.0 and Internet Marketing techniques replacing traditional marketing techniques, many Web Design Firms have come into play so as to help businesses cater their whim. Thus, it is very important to keep few things in mind before hiring a web design company and they are:
- Look for Most Cost Effective Design Company :Do your homework and research well about all the firms providing such services. It's not important that you choose the firm charging the highest, thinking that it will provide you with the best of quality work. Sometimes good firms may charge less because they may be working on a small scale with a few numbers of personnel and thus their service charge is low.
- Remember! Their Identity will Build your Identity: Always choose a firm which has a positive identity in market because their work will decide the fate of your business.
- For How long after the Designing of Website, they provide free Service and Support :Some firms do provide free service and supports in case new updates have to be made. This should be noted beforehand as since internet is a dynamic world, changes are a part of internet world. Even if a firm is not offering free care service do ask them how much they charge for 3 or 4 months support service.
- Know their Programming Ability :This is important because if the company is not equipped with good coders, they may design the website in table layout and include frames. This may work against SEO as it makes indexing difficult.
- Gather thorough knowledge about their Expertise : First of all know clearly what kind of website you desire for. An E-Commerce website, a mobile compatible website or a flash based website. After this hire the web designing company that has best of experience in your niche.
- A Web Designing firm should Respect Time : Finalize your deal with the company that can tell you the delivery time for all the deliverables. This may include design, contents, CMS etc.
- Search Engine Optimization : Designing a customized website is not enough, optimizing and promoting a website on internet is equally important. Look for a firm which can work in the area of SEO too. The aim of the website is to reach to the targeted audience and also get indexed on major search engines. Thus, go with the designing firm that have experienced SEO experts.
- Ask for an Easy CMS :Ask your developer to provide you with a User-friendly CMS so that you can be the master of your website capable of making changes in your content and you don't need to rush to developer for every small amendment in your website.
- Know about their Working Team :Be assured beforehand that the firm is having a team of professionals with expertise in web development, content writing, graphic designing and web testing. Because all this counts when it comes to designing a professional website.
- Ensure Branding :Branding is necessary so that people can uniquely identify your business. Hence know from your designers about the website's layout, colours they will use, slogans, company's logo and where it will be placed
- Know about the Web designing company's cost calculation :Web designing companies quote cost on 2 basis: per hour or per page. Knowing this will definitely help you in figuring out whether the overall cost will fit in your budget or not.
- Check if are they Offering Website Guarantee and Warranty: Although! It is rarely found. But if any firm is offering so, do ponder upon it because it's worth checking it.
- Ask them if they can provide Web Hosting and Domain Name :Few firms who believe in long term relationships do provide such services too along with the web designing. If you find them, give them a preference.
- The 2 P's: Be Patience and Practical. Website designing is not an easy task. So, if you want it to be perfect, give your website designing company sufficient time to do their work as "your haste may spoil your work only".